Happy Saturday! This weekend is shaping up to be a quiet one, and I’m thankful for that since I’m still recovering from the two kid’s birthday parties we attended last weekend – one of which was for my own sweet daughter who turned four!
With all the free time we have this weekend I think I’ll head on over to Pinterest and choose a few crafts to do with the kids – ahem, the realistic ones, not the ones that involve hours of prep, then only 2 minutes to complete, and then another 30 minutes to clean up! Oh Pinterest, my love/hate relationship with you has reached its peak. On that note, if you also think you’ll be having a lazy weekend ahead, you might enjoy perusing through some of these links that I’ve come across this week!
1. I found a great website for meal planning, grocery shopping tips, and healthy recipes.
2. Did you know that national food holidays exist? You can find daily updates here.
3. Freestyle diving at three years old? Come on!
4. I wish I could turn back time to try some of these toddler-proofing tricks.
5. Did you know that sleeping naked can help prevent diabetes? Not too convinced about that, but it does say so here.
6. I’ve always wanted to play drums. Maybe I should have started this early!
7. As a teacher, I often question our educational practices here in North America. More and more it seems like the Finnish are doing it right!
8. This kid cracks me up! I can’t get enough of him. Loving the accent too!
9. Last weekend I went a little overboard shopping at the outlets in Atlanta. My favourite purchase was this gorgeous Michael Kors crossbody purse. It looked even more appealing once I discovered it was 60% off!
10. Black Friday shopping? Nope. Not this year. Not last year. Most likely never. I can’t imagine how one could find comic relief on Black Friday?